Tuesday 8 May 2012

...And Down We Go Again...

I never knew this career path would involve so much struggle, both internal & external. There's the struggle that goes on in the studio, documented in the sketchbook, as you try and unravel and tap into your ideas and logic. Then you've got the fact that trying to find out how to make a living from Art is like trying to find the holy grail. I mean man cannot live on fine ideas and beauty alone. I don't want to be an artist that sells little knick knacks for £30 each at the annual open studios. I want to be the artist having a major show in London :/

1 comment:

  1. I was about to write.. to myself.. fat chance Jones! of the London show. But I am trying to practice a zen like attitude at the moment: be careful what you wish for. So I will wish for success and not for failure x

    ReplyDelete